On this occasion though, I was going mostly out of curiosity rather than for the yarn buying opportunities as I had heard a lot about both the shop iknit and the weekend show. I also knew from a previous swap that it is one of the few places that has a good stock of Malabrigo yarn in this country so I wanted to see that too. And maybe buy a little bit :D
Before I show you the yarn that I got though I want to rave about something else entirely. Whilst I was in London I managed to meet up with my buddy from the Ravelry group 'Ankh-Morpork Knitters Guild' (who is just wonderful) who gave me part 2 of my 'Guild Swap' parcel.
OH MY GOSH! I cycled between speechless and stunned to squeeing madly. Wow! I was totally spoilt in this swap. Here let me show you:
Picture of all the things that were in the bag (above) and a close-up (below):
Contents from top left:
- Yarn holder in the shape of a dung ball (heehee),
- x2 skeins of sock wool from The Knitting Goddess (enough for one pair of socks)
- Peeking out in yellow the amazing dung beetle bag (another photo of this in a moment)
- Great A’Tuin tape measure which matches my bug bag and is so much fun to play with
- Tiny elastic bands for holding needles (already in use in my sock knitting bag)
- Some SOAK for keeping fibres fresh
- Felted sheep keyring (on keyring at work)
- Some black beads to go with other ball of yarn
- Buttons! see next pic
- A skein of Schaefer Yarn Anne in red, purple and brown (beads go with this)
- Finally, and not pictured anywhere, two patterns- one for the Entomology Shawl (Schaefer Yarn + beads for this one) and for ‘Cut your Teeth’ socks (red & black sock yarn for that).
- Also, I just remembered- there is a lovely ladybird pin brooch as well that didn’t make it into the photo as I was wearing it at the time :D
Here are all the wonderful buttons that I got. I was so pleased to see the little wooden ant ones. Some of you may remember that I bought some of these when I went to the UK Ravelry day in Coventry- well, I finally found a use for them but I didn't have enough :( Now I do however! :D
I'm making a long sleeved shrug (well, made by now, I'm a little behind on the posting here). Here's the link for Ravelry if anyone wants to see though I haven't managed to take photos yet as I need someone else to take them for me- or model the shrug for me though I'm not sure anyone is going to want to do that. All my friends are a bit camera shy.
Anyway- WONDERFUL swap package as I am sure you can all appreciate. There will be more things to tell y'all about just as soon as my ball winder arrives. I ordered it a couple of weeks ago and I'm expecting it to be here soon. As soon as that happens I can cast on for my Entomology shawl (woohoo). Though this will distract me from the Swallowtail shawl that I am supposed to be doing for my mum for Christmas. I can see that my 'dung ball' is going to be well employed over the next few months.