Monday 10 December 2007

A great weekend

I am happy to report that I am feeling relaxed and sleepy after a wonderful weekend spent celebrating the husbands birthday. We had friends come to stay over and a few others round just for the evening on Saturday and come the next morning we had a recycling bin full of bottles. The only reason I am manging to remain cheerful about it is that I managed to avoid the dreaded hangover! Yay! This was mostly precipitated by our stay over friends having to bust a groove at an early hour. The husband and I made the effort to get up and make bacon and egg sandwiches because we are courteous hosts and it proved to be well worth it as we where both still drunk upon awaking and so had time to fill up on juice, tea, fried food and preemptive paracetamol before we started to feel bad. Awesome. I then got to sit on the sofa for the rest of the day on Sunday, eat chocolate and watch Futurama. This was all most welcome as I have to say, that we where both very deserving candidates for a hangover after having played drinking games the night before and ploughed our way through two bottles of spirits between 8 of us. My major triumph for the night however was not being the first person to bed. Having said this is it is a close run thing as the first ones to leave spent some time riding a lift up and down and up and down and up and down.....
and up and down.....
after leaving us. This fact shall keep me chuckling for a few days as least :)

No comments:

Post a Comment