Friday 7 December 2007

Yippee!!

I have just finished the Wollaston Collection. I rock. To put this into some sort of context (and because its wonderfully geeky) I have produced the following stats:

Within the collection there are 500 seperate genera
The total number of species within these genera is 1799
Each species has an average of 8 specimens (7.81 rounded up)
Which gives an overall total number of specimens of 14034

Each of these specimens has been cleaned, re-pinned if needed, re-staged and had two labels added to it, one of which is specific to the color coding of the specimen. Everything has been databased. All labels where produced by me and have the name of the species, the author, date of publication and reference if it was a species described by Wollaston. It has taken me about 15 months to complete this project.

And now I'm going out for milkshake.

No comments:

Post a Comment