Tuesday 27 January 2009

TSG scarf #9

So here's the next installment for my traveling scarf. Well, I say mine but this is just one of the scarves that I'm working on. We are about half way through the group now I think though the scarves are a little out of order at the moment as I only just received scarf #10 after posting off #9 but it's no great shakes.
So here it is in all its glory:

I'm a big fan of this scarf- not sure exactly why other than its a really nice scarf to hold and its interesting visually without looking wrong or being over powerful in any one section. I think its going to be quite a nice one to wear as well. My section is the end one in black- here's a close up for you all:I just used a very simple basket-weave stitch and some 100% black wool yarn. I just felt when looking at the scarf for the first time, that it needed something simple yet textured to make sure my section fitted in and that there was not change in width of my section from the last. It was also fun and easy to knit and the reverse side is quite similar to the front which is a nice bonus. You can also see the stitch markers I made. I'm quite pleased with these ones as I used a new method for making them and it seems to have worked better than I thought it would. I didn't get the chance to research the person that I was sending them to though so I have just had to cross my fingers and hope that she likes them.

No comments:

Post a Comment