Monday 15 October 2007

Job hunting

Argh! I have been starting the long and tedious process of job seeking today. This is made particularly hard by the fact that I have no idea what it is that I want to do with myself. I'm trained in one of the most obscure careers ever and it is very unlikely that I'm going to be able to find a job in it which just leave me, well, stuck really. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

I've already done a bit of thinking about this of course. I did suggest tattoo artist as a possibility but this was ruled out by the other half. Acupuncturist also has a certain charm but I don't have the money I would need to retrain. Knitwear designer is just not going to bring in the cash. After a while I realised that all of these potential careers involve some kind of pin or needle so I figured maybe I should go in for a job that involved pointy things. Kebab expert maybe? Fakir in a circus? One of those school nurses that gives the kids their vaccinations?
Unfortunately there just aren't that many jobs that involve sticking pins through things in a precise and steady manner. Other than torturer that is and I'm not sure I have the stomach for it.
Having said that it would of course depend entirely upon who it was that I was asked to torture. Mwhahahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment