Tuesday 20 November 2007

Marmite is the food of the gods

Have I ranted about this before? If not then I jolly well should have done- marmite is so good! Hmmm, makes my lunchtime. The only thing that can top a marmite sandwich is a cheese and marmite sandwich and the only way to get better than that is a toasted cheese and marmite sandwich. Makes me dribble just thinking about it.
Marmite even works with slightly odd things. Another of my favourites is marmite with cream cheese and cucumber, toasted or not, however it comes.
In fact the perfect lunch for me would be a toasted cheese and marmite sandwich, a greek sesame bar, yogurt (either the thick ski type ones with strawberries in or natural greek yogurt with cucumber and raisins in) and a plump ripe kiwi. Other fruit may also be added in such as raspberries, pomegranate, plums (though I haven't had a good one of these for ages), peaches, nectarines or blackberries. A small handful of nuts excluding peanuts, pecans, pistachios and hazelnuts (so brazil, walnuts or cashews really) would not go amiss either.
Hmmm, have just had my lunch and have now gone and made myself hungry again. Of course the best way to combat this is to have a nice bowl of porridge (with brown sugar) in the morning. That will fill you up for the entire day. As it is however, I'm not much of one for mornings and very rarely feel like eating which probably accounts for the rumble in my tummy at lunchtime.

Hah! very one track mind at the moment it seems. I didn't really have any intention of dissecting my lunch box for you all but I guess it's as good a subject as any. It stops me ranting about the bloody stupid slide show function THAT DOES NOT WORK after all.
Ahem.

No comments:

Post a Comment