Monday 23 February 2009

Playing catch-up

So I'm behind with posting and now I need to overwhelm you with the other things that I finished off just over a week ago. Yet more scarves you'll be pleased to hear.
First up is Scarf #8 from my traveling scarf group.
Here's a shot of the entire scarf:

A very manly man scarf I think and I hope the wearer will like it. The combinations of greys work well together and the stitches make it interesting despite the subdued palette. I was a little surprised with just how nice this scarf looks- I didn't think that the grey/black scarves would look as nice as they do. Here's a close-up of my section:

I used a mock cable twist stitch. I really am falling in love with these. It does pull in a lot more than I wanted it to but the material is very flexible so I don't think that there will be a problem with blocking it out at all.

For my second triumph I completed the second-to-last section that I will ever knit on one of the traveling scarves that I am doing for the Red Sox group. I'm a bit perturbed about only having one left to do- it will be very sad when these are over though I'm kind excited about mine making the trip home soon (squee). It's been a good experience all round in fact, from moderating to knitting. I have to say that I am particularly proud of this scarf if only because I picked one of the more unusual stitch patterns from the Vogue Stitchonery and not only managed to work out how to do the stitch but also got it looking nice.
So here it is folks:Hopefully you can make it out from the picture. It's the Peacock pattern and has a combination of twist stitches and some funky extra long ones that you pull through a hole from about 4 rows below. I used Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino which is sooooooo nice to knit with. I used just over 1 skeins worth as I had to hold the yarn double in order to get the right tension which means that I have most of a ball left to make something for myself with.
And just to finish off with here's a little peek at this scarf so far:

No comments:

Post a Comment