Tuesday 24 June 2008

I've been published

Oh how exciting. Someone found one of my pictures on flickr and used it in a news story about eating insects. Not that it was the greatest article in the world, or indeed the greatest picture ever either. But that's not the point! Someone actually looked at my photographs- this is much more exciting. It was particularly gratifying this morning as I downloaded a whole bunch of photos of the models that I have been making at work. It took an hour to photograph, label and then get onto flickr which in the grand scheme of things is damn quick really but it meant that I had to spend ages hunched up in front of the computer and my shoulders were already sore. By the time I had finished I was feeling mega grumbly and wondering what on earth the whole point of it all was if I was the only person who was ever going to look at them but then I discovered the message in my inbox and felt a bit better about things. I guess its the same with this really- I often wonder whether anyone ever reads my blog but after having given it many hours of hard thought I figure that I don't really care. I write this as much for me as I do for anyone else plus it always gives me that wonderful bargaining chip of saying 'but I wrote about it on my blog' to you all. Teehee.
Anyway- so check out my flickr account as I have put a ton of new photos on there. Most of them are of the new displays and the models that I have been making but I did put on one or two knitting ones as well for those of you that are into that sort of thing. I've done a couple of one skein wonders recently (not that they are all that wonderful I have to say) that I put on. I haven't been able to do too much knitting recently because of my shoulders and my RSI reappearing in my left arm. My skull scarf has floundered as a consequence as I find that hard to knit at the best of times because there are only just enough stitches to fit the circular needle which means I have to constantly push and pull stitches around. Sore arms = no skulls for me but I've had a bit of a break recently so am hoping to get back on it this week. Will keep y'all updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment