Tuesday 1 July 2008

Freecycler badge

I earned my official 'freecycler' badge at the weekend by posting some offered messages. I had a good clear out of my craft boxes on Saturday evening (whilst the husband was out drinking himself yellow) and put together a bag of fabric scraps, a box of ribbons (which I was a little loathe to part with to be honest but I really couldn't justify keeping them as I hardly ever used them), some pink fur (which I have had since my first year of uni!) and three parcels of writing materials. I put the messages up at about half 9 in the evening and had takers for all of it by ten. I had tons of people asking for the ribbons and fabric scraps and at least two people who just wanted to take the lot. I refused to let it all go to one place as I felt it was both cheeky and greedy to ask for it all when I had deliberately put up six separate posts but did bundle the writing stuff together as a man said it was for his wife and daughter so I figured that that was good enough as it was for two people and the lots were quite small.
Unfortunately my experiences since then have not been so good. The lady who took the fabric scraps and ribbons came Sunday morning and arrived on time so all good there. The lady who was having the fur was supposed to come yesterday but cancelled. I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt though she was one of the pushy people who wanted to take all of the stuff. She was a bit annoying however as I had to repeat about three times that the other stuff was already taken and then she asked if there was anything else I'd like to get rid of! Well, I guess if you don't ask you don't get but even so.... And the final person who was supposed to be taking the writing stuff, well, I've e-mailed him about 4 times now and I just keep getting messages asking what my address is. I've started to keep my correspondence with him now as they are either not getting through or he is missing their arrival in his inbox. I'm getting fed up of typing out the directions to my house though so he is going to have to shape up or I will be putting up another post so someone else can have the stuff. So some good, some bad experiences so far. If these people come pick the stuff up soon and without hassle I think it will even out to a good experience- we shall just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment