Tuesday 29 April 2008

Monday was a sad day

I was in late because I had a doctors appointment. After it was over I was just very tired and sad and wanted to go home instead of trekking into work but had a little walk in the fresh air and it perked me up so I decided that I had better shift my arse. I promised myself a milkshake if I did which got me hot footing my way to the bus stop. My route took me along a fairly empty road that leads down a hill to Cowley road. At the top are some flats that I had to cut through to get to the road and then it's straight down the hill. Either side of the road are playing fields which make it quite empty. There are a few houses on one side at the bottom and a cycle path pops out about 3/5ths of the way down but all in all it's quite pleasant to walk along before reaching the chaos that is Cowley.
Apart from yesterday.
Somehow I always attract the weirdos. I was bumbling down the road when I noticed two things. Firstly, there was no one else around on the road apart from the second thing I noticed which was a guy who was peaking out at me from the end of the cycle lane. I didn't really think too much of this at the time other than having a sense of foreboding that he was
a) going to be unwashed and
b) probably going to ask me for money.
These assumptions were possibly a little unjust given the distance and the fact that I couldn't see that much of him but let's call it a gut instinct. As it was he didn't ask me me for any money- something that I would have been grateful for had it not been for the fact that he was instead having a wank. I'd already decided that I was going to try and put as much pavement between the two of us as possible but I didn't want to appear rude and I couldn't cross over as there was no pavement on the other side so I plumped for walking along the curb. I hoped I could look occupied enough that he wouldn't bother me for cash. Thankfully this meant that I didn't get a good look at exactly what he was doing and was relatively unaware until the dodgy sounds got a bit louder after I had walked past.
Eugh.
So I felt really crap about life at that point. To make up for this I had a fudge milkshake and spent the afternoon doing mindless chores that enabled me to sit in front of my computer and watch all my favourite Mighty Boosh episodes and Eddie Izzards Dress to Kill tour on YouTube. I was late home because of the late start but I then found some time to knit before bed which was the first time in about a week(!) so I was then happy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment