Wednesday 13 August 2008

Part one down

and only three to go! I have managed to cast off the back panel for my jumper which I am very happy about. The finished piece is much nicer than I had thought it was going to be when I was looking at it whilst it was still on the needles. It is also much more lightweight than it looks which is good considering it was knitted up with a chunky yarn. Unfortunately I have been a bit over enthusiastic with my knitting over the past week so my arm is starting to hurt again. This may put the mockers on my getting my jumper done in time for the end of the Olympics- but that's negative thinking so we shall put it to one side and get on with things in the meantime. I'm off to Scotland tomorrow evening for a couple of days so I'm hoping that the time can be spent wisely doing some more knitting- it's not like I have anything else to do whilst I'm sat in the car after all. It's kind of enforced knitting time. I'm going to have to be a bit careful however as my needles are quite long and the husband will be most annoyed if I keep poking him all the time. Maybe I should change onto a circular then I won't have that problem but I really like my needles that I am using at the mo. They are a lovely pair of wood ones that I picked up from a charity shop for 10p on my last trip to Scotland and there's something that's just not quite the same when I use circulars. Just a different feel I think.
Ah, the choices we all have to make in life hey?

No comments:

Post a Comment